Saturday, August 1, 2009

Time Flies

I lost my father nine years ago.
His parents were gone already.
His brother...a short year later.
My step dad...six months after my father.
My sister.....2003.
My dad's last brother....just this spring.

It was after my sister passed away that we decided to do something about holding family reunions from my dad's side of the family. Something that hadn't been done to my knowledge since I was just....a wee bit younger.

It's hard to believe we've had 5 now. Everyone seems to enjoy them...and I hope they look forward to them as I do. Unfortunately...it's about the only time during a year in life that we get together. It does sadden me...if I think about it too much. Periodically an attempt is made to gather in smaller groups...but life...well...you know.

This year's family reunion was a success. We had a good time. We laughed. We gossiped. We played. We enjoyed the young, the teens, the....the grown ups. The food was abundant as usual. The company was awesome....some of which we enjoyed for not just one day...but three.

The time flew by.

Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment