Sunday, August 2, 2009

Siblings


Siblings. You love 'em. You hate 'em. You grow up with 'em...bickering, fighting, laughing, 'rastling', sharing, not sharing, arguing over something so...so silly (toys, games, books, sides of the bed, bedrooms, boyfriends, girlfriends), blaming, cheering on, kicking, biting, laughing, crying, planning evils together, keeping secrets....or not.
Do you remember being a 'poor sportsman' when it came to games? (oh no...that was just my brothers!! hehehe).
Wearing sister's clothes...with or without permission (I was the oldest so it was mine that got shared....as well as handed down. Six kids. Airforce income.
I was the family babysitter.
I had to be the responsible one.
I....grew up before all the rest (yep...probably even before my one and only big brother!!!)
I, also, was one of the first to leave the nest...and missed alot from my younger siblings' lives. Memories...that I missed out on....but we had our own. Memories. Still do.
It's nice that we got to share some of those this weekend.
It's nice that we were able to really laugh at them. REALLY LAUGH.
It was nice to...play games together....and not argue...at least not seriously.
It was nice...to share another day of life together.
In the end...even though we have differences of opinion (oh yes); even though we live miles apart, even though those of us that do reside close by get on each other's nerves...too often...or too little.....in the end....we love each other. YES WE DO!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the marriage of your images in words and photos. Thanks and please keep sharing them.

    ReplyDelete