Monday, March 30, 2009

Photographer_NOT



....quite yet.


Needless to say...it was an experience. I learned....that I have a lot to learn.


It was totally worth the 12 hours that I put in to it on Saturday....helping a friend photographer at a wedding. An indoor wedding...on a cold, wintery spring day in the northern portion of the MidWest.


I sat and did a quick review of my photos last night and was totally disappointed in myself...but then I've always been my worst critic. Out of almost 600 pictures...I don't think I can say even 60 of them would be worth paying money for...but then I was to only take the candid shots. I learned that you don't do that with just a wide angle lens all night although I switched back and forth between it and my zoom. She was using her smaller lens and as it really was 'her' wedding to photograph, I didn't want to be in the way. I just couldn't seem to get the exposure right...combination of incorrect flash, incorrect lense and, of course, more so than not.....operator error. Live and Learn. I still had fun.

I'm flattered that she stated I saved her in a couple spots and made her feel better just knowing I was there to help. I did enjoy it. I do look forward to be the 'assistant' again but I'm definitely going to do a lot of learning before then. I believe I have a couple of months and the next one is outdoors. It's that indoor stuff I have to figure out.

I'll post some of the better ones to my flickr account for viewing only sometime in the near future....after she takes care of the business end of it all. I don't want to post anything until the newlyweds have seen the 'more professional' version of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment