Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Scary??

My daughter has a friend that says it is really 'scary' that I have so many of these little woodspirits adorning my home. This...is just a very small sampling of my collection. I purchased ONE many years back that had a bird's nest in his hands and being the avid bird watching lover that I am, I couldn't resist him. And...that's it....from then on out it seemed every birthday and Christmas, I would add two or three to my collection. Today, I would say less than half my collection is out in the open. Many are still snuggly packed in a box...some have not been unpacked way up here in the Midwest. I...of course...don't think they are scary. They are all....little people, little friends...each and every one with their own name and story. They each have some sort of coin, generally a red hat, and bird prints on the bottom of their feet.
The above photo, although a bit blurry as I was focusing on my reflection in the mirror, actually seems to bring them to life....as if they are laughing, smiling, saying cheer...for the prime photo opportunity.
My favorites are these that have faces carved into their beards also.

No comments:

Post a Comment