Sunday, February 1, 2009

Winter Wonders

I'm very proud of this photo. Don't ask me how I did it. It just 'happened'. I'm guessing, those are the best kinds. This piece of ice broke off and tried to squeeze through this very narrow waterfall area and created a waterfall of its own. Peaceful, refreshing, cool...NOT...cold and icy.




I love bridges. I don't know why. They fascinate me. You cross from one end to another...and go from one world to another - to the other side of the river or lake, to the remainder of the trail, from one state to another, from city to village to town to urban to rural, county to county, country to country...from reality to fairy tale....Miami to the Keys....continents to islands....one world to another. One day to the next....not knowing what is really on the other side. There is something romantic about them.....'The Bridges of Madison County'; something mystic about them...a world of trolls and hobos, bats and pigeons ....rivers run through them...creeks....still flowing, frozen or all dried up. So many worlds...so many adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment