Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wonderfully Supportive


For those of you that know me in the least....you know when I get involved in something...I tend to go head over heals. I throw my every minute, every effort, and unfortunately sometimes....my every penny in to it. I grasp a hold of my passions and I run with them....as if they were the last thing in the world...the last thing in my life that I would do.
I want to exel at it.
I long for...something to be remembered by....maybe.
I need something to satisfy my creative cravings....a purpose...a challenge for today, tomorrow, the next...to keep my mind challenged...to keep it active and hopefully strong.
Sometimes, those around me....don't understand but....worst yet...sometimes....they don't support me...no matter how simple my goal might be.
So that is where my photography is right now...I believe....although in reality, I could be spending a whole lot more time, energy and money in to it. I have my camera every where I go...practically.....bag and all....lenses, flash, tripods....and all. And yet...I don't know where I'm going with it. I know where I'd like to go with it....but fear daily that there just isn't enough time to get THERE....away....from....behind...the....desk.
More than anything...I want to do it. I need to do it. It gives me that 'purpose', that 'creative purpose'. Although I make a big conscious effort to 'compromise'...I still fear I am 'in the way' with it all. But...my two BFF's just follow along...patiently...encouraging....supportive in more ways than I've ever experienced. And yet...I fear...someday.....he too will run.
I hope not...because...I do enjoy the support, the encouragement but more than anything....his company....his ability to be so free.

No comments:

Post a Comment