Friday, February 27, 2009

Simply.....Black and White


I remember when as a child we purchased our first color tv. The first show I saw on it was The Wizard of Oz. How absolutely fantastic and so fairy tale when Dorothy walked out of her house into the Land of Oz with so many vibrant colors. The world...came alive. From then and there ....it's been a whirl wind of constant changing technology.....color photographs, computers, cell phones, dvd players, plasma tvs, wireless connections, digital cameras and every day introduction of yet another model of some gadget or another. One of today's roads that goes on and on and on. It can be overwhelming and frustrating to try to keep up with it....mentally as well as financially.
So many days...in more ways than one...I wish for the simplicity of 'ions ago'. Possibly this is why I find I enjoy taking photos as much...if not even more so some days...in just....plain....old.....black....and white. It brings a peaceful serenity to my world that many days is so much needed and appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment