Thursday, May 28, 2009

Let's Try this Again - Project 365

I am very new to the 'seriousness' of my photography. I bought my first DSLR last fall...with the help of my awesome daughter and I LOVE IT. I absolutely love it.


I've been taking an online photography class....short, sweet, to the point and it has helped but I always feel better if I have some hands on so I find a local camera shop that gives classes and attended my first at the end of May. It included a field trip to Boerner Botanical Gardens which I truly enjoyed. How could a photographer not.

At the same time, I was introduced to these wonderful ladies.


Which brought me to this. Which I tried to start earlier this year....and exited at the end of April. But only because I didn't feel as if I was posting on a daily basis as I thought I should be. And then.....I was enlightened by this.

I've gone back and reviewed photos I have taken this year...and there really are so few days that I've not taken some picture or another. And when I take them, I try very much to get just the right SOOC shot. I have purchased Photoshop Elements and just haven't had time to figure it out....which is fine. I use it for organization and want to use it when I get....a little bit better at the composition of my photos to possibly be able to do some neater things with my photos....creating books, etc etc.

So...since that first class, I probably have missed less than a week of days getting a shot...and have decided I will begin this Project again from the end of May and will post them to my FLickr account (see my side bar). In addition, to try to give me ideas and incentives, I am finding a lot of 'photo challenge' type sites to give me a bit of a daily challenge so you don't get tired of seeing my BFF or the same flower over and over again from my backyard!!!! hehehehehe.

Although one of my biggest problems on some days is trying to decide just which pic to post in this blog...I will post the 365 to my Flickr account for viewing there and continue to post some other pics here. (It really is just a result of my being a pack rat...and an undecisive one at that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment