Saturday, May 30, 2009

Field Trip


I took a photography class at a camera shop on Macro photography and it included a field trip to this awesome public garden in town. I had not been to it before and can guarantee I will be a frequent visitor there now as their gardens change continuously with the seasons.


During that field trip, a lense supplier allowed us to 'try out' some of their lenses...of course...in hopes of 'pulling in suckers' like me to purchase one. (Yes.....which I did.) To my defense....I do a lot of hiking and photo taking when I am on the trails and it is burdensome to try to manage my Lexi as well as 2 or 3 different lenses to try to get just the right shot. To my defense...I didn't buy one that was strictly macro....I bought one that would get me a happy median between wide angle, macro and zoom. (Someday...when I win the lottery...I'll purchase that strictly macro or that telephoto lens that I really need for more of the close up or far away wildlife pics. Until then, I have lots to learn.)


I got a lot of neat pics this day of close up shots....but in trying to insure that it met some of my zoom needs also....I took a couple pics of this fountain (all the while fighting the windy day) and have to admit...I was a bit pleased with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment