Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Zoo Favorites


The County Zoo here has some summer evenings after normal hours where they will reopen the zoo so you can visit the animals a bit later in the day. It normally includes some additional entertainment like local bands.
My yearly pass is about to expire and I felt I really needed to use it one more time as it hasn't been utilized enough....but the money goes to a good cause.
My favorite at the zoo is normally the smaller penguin exhibit...they are first thing inside the gate...and cute as can be. They weren't here today.....as there 'residence' was being renovated. To return sometime in August.
I went with my niece who is also a bit interested in photography....and we shared my camera. IT WAS A BLAST. We walked and photographed for four hours... Did I say...IT WAS A BLAST.
This guy....a young giraffe....had us rolling on the ground (well almost). He...or she....had more photos taken than anything else. I true 'ham'. Running from one end to the other....legs flayling around in every which direction. I didn't want to leave. I was captivated. My disappointment with lack of penguins...gone....Poof....scooped up in the simple pleasure of a long legged, long necked, long eyelashed, long tongued creature.
My membership expires end of August. Somehow....somehow....I have to make it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment