Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What the Eyes don't see


I walk around my little flower gardens....dreaming of bigger ones of course. This year, I am truly amazed, day in and day out, as to what came back after what seemed like six months of snow laden grounds. So many things that didn't seem to survive the winters in Houston. Heat tolerant, no care, perennial plants. Salvias, roses, sedums, succulents, bee balm.....and the list keeps going.
The rose plants seemed to have been adorned with buds for months (in actuallity only weeks) before they finally started showing some color...color that just naturally attracted the 'looking glass' to it.....to present...yet another surprise...of a little critter (of course, looking for it's next meal). A little critter that is still out there somewhere and although I see signs of it dining...I don't have the heart to.....stop it. The damage....currently....is tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment