Friday, January 30, 2009

Neighborly Gifts

I've lived in many places in my life, having moved every 2 to 3 years when I was a child, and almost as much in the past 8 years. I've not always had the luxury of close acquaintances, best friends until I met my very best friend that I truly miss from down south. She was always there for me with a kind word to get through the day. We've been apart now for almost 8 years and lost contact for a few of those. Now, we enjoy each other from a distance as much as our crazy lives allow us...which isn't enough...it just isn't enough. I've been blessed with a couple other awesome acquaintances since my move to the midwest...a couple of those being my neighbors a couple doors down. Last week after 'the call', I was given a bulb in a vase, with some pale green leaves shooting out. A week later, in the midst of this long winter, just overnite, this awesome bloom spraying the most wonderful fragrance makes me smile and realize how very lucky I am....to have such wonderful acquaintances in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment